The mission of the Hospice of Saint John is to provide alternative, supportive and loving care for the terminally ill and their families, with an emphasis on life and living. Care is provided regardless of the patient’s ability to pay. The hospice foundation is supported by generous donations from individuals and organizations throughout the community, as well as fund raisers like The Mad Hatter Tea Party.
What is hospice? Hospice provides a caring environment for the physical and emotional needs of terminally ill patients and their families in their homes, in nursing homes, in assisted living residences, or inside an in-patient facility.
"Anyone who has faced terminal illness and welcomed Hospice into their lives knows how meaningful the work of these professionals can be. I know when my own Grandfather started slipping away after a battle with Dementia and Parkinson's. I was so relieved to learn that Hospice would be coming in to take care of him. He spent his final days in the comfort of his own home surrounded by family. We will be forever grateful for that time together." -Solara Cochran
Click here to learn more about the Hospice of St John
At AutoGov, our purpose is to provide our clients with a comprehensive tool that makes their decisions easier and their processes more efficient and effective. We are actively involved in Medicaid eligibility in both the private sector and state government.
Through this blog we will share informative articles, lists, tips, reviews, and sometimes best practices. For starters, we will categorize our posts into one of the following five categories:
- Long term care
- Hospital and healthcare systems
- Small business lifestyle
- Healthcare predictive analytics
1. Long Term Care is a topic near and dear to our hearts. With blog posts in this category, we will share industry updates, best practices, and customer comments.
2. Our intention is to post updates and articles that affect our customers. If we run across tips or best practices, we will do our best to share!
3. Medicaid eligibility is a topic that touches every aspect of the patients care pathway or continuum. The Affordable Care Act is causing industry-wide reorganization. AutoGov will identify how we might assist healthcare systems with Medicaid eligibility.
4. From time to time, the AutoGov leadership team will share their activities and organizational involvements. A small business isn't just about products, it's about people.
5. "Big Data" is the new hot topic. Journalists love to write about how "Big Data" is making its way into healthcare. We will share relevant stories about how data and analytics are impacting the industry.
Contact us if you want to know more about AutoGov, CaseVue, or a topic you found on the Blog!Comments and Reactions
In 2012 Ali Craigo was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Today Ali is a beautiful 25 year old fighting MS with every part of her being. Ali is so passionate about finding a cure that she put together a local fundraiser to give back to her community.
"At AutoGov we jumped at the chance to donate to such a worthy cause. I only wish we could find a cure for this amazing young lady!"
- Solara Cochran, VP of Business Development & resident of Metro Denver.
For more information about the Rocky Mountain MS Center go to: http://www.mscenter.org/
For information on MS go to: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/
Comments and Reactions
AutoGov picks up a game changing healthcare executive, Solara Cochran, to lead its business development efforts.
Solara is experienced as both a provider and a healthcare executive with a with a Fortune Global 500 healthcare company.
AutoGov, an Austin based healthcare software company, has hired Solara Cochran to lead the company's nationwide business development team.
Solara Cochran is a natural leader who inspires enthusiasm and elicits greatness. She is the model of big business skill and execution coupled with small business ambition and dedication. Solara has worked within the health care industry since March of 2001. She currently sits on the Board of Directors for Atlas Home Health. Prior to joining AutoGov, Solara spent 2 1/2 years as the Administrator and sole Owner of Atlas Home Health. For 10 years Solara worked in Sales and Marketing as an Executive for Sanofi, a Fortune Global 500 multinational corporation.
"AutoGov is an innovator, a visionary, and an industry leader," said Cochran. "I'm honored to join such an impressive team of skilled professionals who passionately serve the medical community. I look forward to reaching an entirely new apex of success through nationwide implementation of our flagship risk management tool, CaseVue."
Connect with Solara...
Call her at 512-439-2900Comments and Reactions
The Business Analytics Symposium is a two day event exploring the diverse landscape of analytics in business. World-renowned experts in the fields of statistics, data mining, analytics, and business attend.
In addition to many excellent presentations and discussions, guests have the opportunity to interview and get to know University of Alabama students pursuing graduate degrees in Statistics, Business Analytics, and Economics.
In addition to meeting the up and coming talent, guests have the opportunity to network with seasoned colleagues. Many of our partners will take part in an exhibition following day one of the event where you will have the opportunity to learn about how they use analytics .
Past speakers include Bill Kahn of Traveler's insurance, Lan Guan of Accenture, Kevin Busby of Capital One, Sundar Dorai-Raj of Google, Gene Grabowski of Ford, Collen McCue of Geoeye Analytics, and Tom Bohannon of SAS.
"Be brave. You have to be brave." -Gregg Phillips on small businesses going for goals and challenges.— AutoGov (@AutoGov) February 2, 2012
55% of all denials of eligibility of Gov't healthcare benefits comes from lack of data on the applications.— AutoGov (@AutoGov) February 2, 2012
AutoGov's library shelves are full of books that support our fanantical interest in data mining, business analytics, statistics and business focused books. Our recommended reading list builds on these themes and a few more that make us click.
All fees generated through our Squidoo reading list are donated to our favorite charity - in fact, the worlds best - Room to Read.
2011 has been a big year for us at AutoGov. We have implemented projects, met deadlines, and rebuilt our corporate technology structure. All of that is great for a small business, but it is good to look beyond just AutoGov. We would like to take a moment to thank all of our friends, collegues, and family that have served America.
Thank you for your sacrifice and keeping us out of harms way.
To those still deployed, please come home safe.
AutoGov Sr. Technology Analyst, Taylor Phillips, a recent University of Alabama graduate combs through the rubble of Alberta Elementary School in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Alabama, the hardest-hit of six states, is reported to have been battered with at least an EF-4 rated tornado with the death toll across the South rising to over 300 as a result of the storms.
Comments and Reactions
- AutoGov Employee Gets Into Character
- Changes in Healthcare Means Limiting Freedom
- The AutoGov Blog
- AutoGov Supports Ali Craigo and Her Multiple Sclerosis Fundraiser
- Pull Back the Curtain, a Spotlight on CaseVue
- What is CaseVue?
- States Required to Implement Medicaid Asset Verification System
- AutoGov Welcomes Solara Cochran to the Team
- Squeezing the Juice out of Florida Long Term Care Providers
- AutoGov Releases Updated Risk Management Software for Medicaid and Healthcare Reform